I always think BLT’s are a great way to keep eating the meat of the Gods, AKA bacon, in the hot summer months. I lightened up this classic by using wheat wraps instead of bread and a lemon mayo. Here’s what you’ll need for this concoction:
Bacon. About 3 strips per wrap
Shredded Lettuce. One handful per wrap
Heirloom Tomato. 1 medium tomato should do ya
Wheat wraps. Obviously one per wrap
Lemon. One large lemon-juice and zest.
Mayonnaise. 1heaping TBPS. -I like this mayo made with olive oil.
Salt and Pepper. 1 generous pinch of each.
- Cook your bacon to desired crispness- I prefer my bacon on the crisp side for a BLT. Remove bacon from the grease – set aside to drain on a paper towel.
- While your bacon cooks mix together the lemon, mayo, and salt and pepper
- Cut your tomato into wedges
- Shred your lettuce-I prefer to chop mine into strips
- Spread the lemon mayo onto your wrap
- Layer your lettuce, bacon, then tomato wedges on top
- Wrap it up and eat it.
I find the lemon mayo really makes this. It’s one of my favorite things to put on a sandwich or wrap in the summer-it really brightens up all of the flavors and makes the salty delicious-ness of the bacon even better.